Update: July 27 – realme has confirmed that the V5 smartphone will be announced on August 3rd. It has also shared new images of the phone.
After teasers realme today confirmed that it will introduce Realme V5 5G, the company’s new mid-range 5G smartphone in the new V series in China soon. It has also posted images of the phone that shows matrix quad rear camera setup with a 48-megapixel main camera. The phone has a AG glass back with matte finish and a large realme logo.
realme’s design director said that it has used optical technology and second-generation AG effects. It uses five-axis ultra-precision machining machine tool to cut over 5000 fine lines so that the smoothness of the cutting surface is controlled within 10nm, reflecting the effect of an optical-grade mirror surface. The contact mask exposure process used offers partial splicing, so that the textures of two different structures are seamlessly connected, and the three-dimensional isometric depth realme logo is achieved.
The image also confirms a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, so it should feature a punch-hole LCD screen. The company has not confirmed any other details yet. realme smartphones with model numbers RMX2111 and RMX2112 with 5G support passed through TENAA recently, and recent 3C certification confirmed 30W SuperDart fast charging support for the phone.
Realme V5 5G rumored specifications
- 6.5-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen
- 2GHz Octa Core processor
- 6GB / 8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB storage
- Android 10 with realme UI
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 2MP 4cm macro lens, 2MP depth sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.2×75.1×9.1mm; Weight: 194g
- 5G (SA/ NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 30W DartCharge fast charging
Update: Leakster Digital Chat station has posted most of the specifications of the phone. 2GHz Octa-Core processor with 5G support could be MediaTek Dimensity 800. The phone has also been certified by TENAA.