Motorola just announced Moto G 5G Plus, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone. It packs a 6.7″ CinemaVision Full HD+ display with 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10 and 21:9 aspect ratio and the company’s first dual punch-hole selfie camera system with a 8MP ultra-wide in addition to 16MP main camera with Quad Pixel technology. Powered by Snapdragon 765 Mobile Platform with Snapdragon X52 5G modem, it supports up to 6GB of RAM and runs Android 10.
It has quad rear camera array that includes 48 MP main sensor with Quad Pixel technology, 8MP ultra-wide lens, 2MP depth sensor and a dedicated 5MP Macro Vision camera. It has a plastic back, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5,000 mAh battery with 20W TurboPower charging.
Moto G 5G Plus specifications
- 6.7-inch (1080 × 2520 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 21:9 aspect ratio HDR10 display with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable memory up to 1TB
- Dual SIM (2 nano SIM + 1 microSD)
- Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, Quad pixel technology, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 4K 30fps, 1080p 60fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm headset jack, Bottom-ported loudspeaker, Smart PA
- Dimensions:168 x 74 x 9mmmm; Weight: 207g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS, Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 20W TurboPower fast charging
The MotoG 5G plus comes in Surfing Blue colour, is priced at €349 (US$ 394 / Rs. 29,495 approx.) for the 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage version and €399 (US$ 450 / Rs. 33,715 approx.) for the 6GB RAM and 128GB storage version. It will be available across Europe from July 8th and will also roll out in KSA, UAE and many other markets in the near future. Motorola confirmed that it will launch a sub-$500 5G device in North America this fall.