After testing it in May, Reliance Jio has officially launched its JioMeet cross-platform video conferencing app in a move to take on Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet and other video chat apps. The app works on Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, SIP/H.323 systems as well as Chrome and Firefox browsers on desktop.
It supports up to 100 participants in maximum 720p resolution and has waiting room, screen sharing and more. The UI looks exactly like zoom, but the video quality is not as good as zoom. Recording option is available only in web mode. It doesn’t have any separate business plans yet, so meeting can go uninterrupted up to 24hrs unlike zoom that has 40-minute limit on meetings with three or more total participants for a free plan.
Download JioMeet – Android (5.0 and above, min. 2GB RAM)| iPhone and iPad (iOS 9 and above, min. 1 GB RAM) | Mac (MacOS 10.13 and above, min. 2GB RAM.) | Windows (Windows 10 with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (x86 and x64) and above, min 4GB RAM) | Web (Chrome browser v80 and above and Firefox v57 and above).
Highlights of JioMeet
- Easy sign up with either Mobile Number or Email ID
- Meeting in HD Audio and Video quality
- Create instant meeting and start inviting friends
- Schedule a meeting in advance and share meeting details with invitees
- Active Speaker view layout
- Unlimited Meetings per day
- Each meeting can go uninterrupted up to 24hrs
- Each meeting is password protected
- Host can enable ‘Waiting Room’ to ensure no participant joins without permission
- Create Groups and start calling/chatting on single click
- Share Screen and start collaborating
- Use ‘Safe Driving Mode’ while driving
- Use JioMeet on Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, SIP/H.323 systems
- Multi-device login support up to 5 devices
- Seamlessly switch from one device to other while on call