Xiaomi’s Redmi brand today announced Redmi Router AX5, a new router with Wi-Fi 6 support, independent 4-way signal amplifier to eliminate signal issues, mesh networking support to cover large apartment with multiple routers and the company says that it has been optimized for smart home offering stable connection to 128 devices. It has new Qualcomm 5-core 14nm processor with independent NPU network acceleration engine, hardware-level acceleration.
Redmi Router AX5 features and specifications
- up to 1775Mbps 802.11 ax Wi-Fi
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm processor + 1.5GHz NPU, 256MB RAM
- 4 external omnidirectional antennas with 4-way independent signal amplifier
- MU-MIMO technology allows multiple antennas of the router to serve multiple devices at the same time offering the best experience
- Support for mesh networking to connect multiple routers
- Tencent online game plus remote device in-depth customization, ultra-low latency and more stable connection
- Up to 128 connected devices
- Real time monitoring, parental controls with Mi Wi-Fi app on Android and iOS
- Large aluminum alloy heat sink and high thermal conductivity thermal adhesive. The upper and lower panels have heat dissipation channels to form a good upper and lower air convection to ensure long-term reliable operation.
- WPA3 next generation of Wi-Fi security standard
- 3 x 10/100 / 1000M adaptive LAN ports (Auto MDI / MDIX), 1x 10/100 / 1000M adaptive WAN port (Auto MDI / MDIX)
The Redmi Router AX5 comes in White color, is priced at 249 yuan (US$ 35 / Rs. 2,655 approx.) and will be available in China from tomorrow, June 10.