Update – 9th June, 2020: Vivo has launched the Y50 smartphone in India for Rs. 17,990 (8GB+128GB) and will go on sale starting June 10th, 2020.
Earlier: Vivo launched the Y50 smartphone in China back in April and recently, the rumours of India launch of the Vivo Y50 surfaced as well. Almost after 1 and half months of launch in China, the Vivo Y50 is finally launching in India on June 10th, 2020.
A dedicated microsite has gone live on Flipkart with key details of the smartphone and the sale date. According to the listing, the vivo Y50 will be sold in a single 8GB RAM+128GB storage variant and there is no information on the 6GB RAM variant yet. Further, it will go on sale starting June 10 on Flipkart, and we should know more information on the price and the time of sale in the coming days.
In case you missed, here are the specifications of the vivo Y50
Vivo Y50 specifications
- Display: 6.53-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ iView Display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- RAM: 8GB
- ROM: 128GB, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 10 based on FunTouch OS 10
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Cameras: Rear – 13MP (primary with f/2.2 aperture) + 8MP (ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture) + 2MP (depth with f/2.4 aperture) + 2MP (macro with f/2.4)
- Front – 16MP f/2.0 aperture lens
- Dimensions: 162.04 x 76.46 x 9.11mm; Weight: 197g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 5000mAh (typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery
- Colors: Starry Black, Iris Blue, Pearl White