Update — May 21, 2020: Redmi today announced that it will launch its True Wireless Earbuds in India on May 26th. The teaser image looks similar to the Redmi AirDots. The company promises long battery life, sweat-proof design, low latency gaming experience and voice control.
Earlier — May 19th: Xiaomi recently launched its first true wireless earbuds in India — Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 alongside the Mi Box 4K and Mi 10 5G smartphone. Just weeks after the launch, Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has now teased a launch of a new audio product in India soon.
The tweet posted by Redmi India reads “#ListenToMi! #Redmi is going AUDIO! We’ve got some bass-dropping news coming your way soon! Can you guess what this is all about? RT and make some noise! #NoStringsAttached”.
We’ve got some bass-dropping news coming your way soon! Can you guess what this is all about? 🤩
— Redmi India (@RedmiIndia) May 19, 2020
Going by the teaser, the company could launch the Redmi AirDots finally in India and to remind you, it was introduced in China last year for 99.9 yuan (US$ 14.8 / Rs. 1,020 approx.). So, we can expect a similar if not a lower price here. The teaser doesn’t reveal the launch date, but we should know more information in the coming days.
Redmi AirDots specifications
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity with RTL8763BFR chip, connects to the phone immediately when you remove from the case
- 7.2mm dynamic driver unit
- Touch controls for music playback and launch voice assistant (Siri / Google Voice)
- Dimensions Headphones: 26.65×16.4×21.6mm; Weight: 4.1g (Each)
- Dimensions Case: 62×40×27.2mm; Weight: 35.4g
- 40mAh battery on the headset offers 4 hours of battery life on a single charge, 300mAh battery on the charging case offers 12 hours of backup