Meizu just announced its flagship 17 and 17 Pro smartphones at an event in China, as it had promised. These pack a 6.6-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen from Samsung with third-generation polar edge full screen display with 90Hz high refresh screen, 180Hz touch sampling rate and 2.2mm ultra-narrow bezel and 92.2% screen-to-body ratio. The 2.99mm punch-hole houses a 20MP front camera that also shows the charge left as a ring around the camera. These are powered by Snapdragon 865, 5G SA/NSA support with Snapdragon X55 Modem.
These pack quad rear cameras and pack 4500mAh battery with mSmart 5G, optimization that promises 8-hour of 5G battery life. The phones have 30W Super mCharge fast charging that can charge up to 56% in half an hour and the 17 Pro also supports 27W wireless charging. The 17 has a glass back, but the 17 Pro comes with a ceramic back.
Meizu 17 and 17 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1100nit (peak) / 700nit (Typ) brightness, 2000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 17 – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 17 Pro – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 8.1 based on Android 10
- 17 – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 8MP Samsung 4H7 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP depth of field lens with Sony IMX362 sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with Samsung 5E9 sensor, f/1.9 aperture
- 17 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 32MP Sony IMX616 129° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 3cm macro, 8MP OV08A10 telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom, 3MP Samsung S5K33D ToF sensor with f/1.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual ultra linear speakers
- Dimensions: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 199g / 219g (17 Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 30W Super mCharge fast charging, 27W wireless fast charging for 17 Pro
The Meizu 17 is priced at 3699 yuan (US$ 522 / Rs. 39,510 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and 3999 yuan (US$ 565 / Rs. 42,720 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version and will be available in China from May 8th. The Meizu 17 Pro is priced at 4299 yuan (US$ 607 / Rs. 45,930 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4699 yuan (US$ 664 / Rs. 50,200 approx.) and will be available in China from May 11th.