Xiaomi has announced its latest Mi electric scooter 1s in China. This is developed under Mi Ecosystem MIJIA. It weighs just 12.5kg and has a folding design that lets you fold it in just 3 seconds with a press of a button. It has a DC motor with 250W rated power and offers instantaneous maximum power up to 500W. The maximum speed of the scooter is 25km/h. It has 8.5-inch front and rear pneumatic tires for excellent shock absorption and stability.
It is also equipped with energy recovery system. When the scooter is moving, you need to press the brake handle or release the throttle to start the energy recovery system, so that it will turn kinetic energy into electricity adding more battery. You can pair the scooter to the smartphone app to the Bluetooth to track your cycling habits, riding speed, remaining power, as well as energy recovery system intensity.
It has dual front and rear brake design. The front wheel has E-ABS anti-lock system, and the rear wheel uses mechanical disc brake for the best and more effective braking experience.
Highlights of Xiaomi Mi electric scooter 1s
- Aircraft-grade aluminium body, portable folding design
- 500W DC brushless motor with 25km/h top speed, 3000h motor life
- Multifunction dashboard with one-key operation to switch between Eco, Normal and Sports modes
- High-brightness LED front light that can illuminate about 6 meters away and bright red warning light
- E-ABS anti-lock & double disc brake system for fast and efficient response
- 8.5-inch shock-absorbing tires
- Water resistant (IP54)
- Lithium batteries for 30km long battery life (based on 75kg load)
- BMS battery management system can monitor the health status of each cell in real time
The Xiaomi Mi electric scooter 1s comes in black and white colours, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 282 / Rs. 21,590 approx.) and is already on sale in China.