ZTE’s nubia brand just announced nubia Play, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.65-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate, up to 4096 levels of automatic brightness adjustment, is powered by Snapdragon 765G with support for 5G SA/NSA dual-mode, ICE2.5 rack-mounted liquid cooling system with 61mm large liquid cooling tube and various heat dissipation materials such as thermally conductive graphite, gel, copper foil, etc. that can bring down the temperature by up to 16° C.
It has 48-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 2-megapixel macro and a 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 12-megapixel camera on the front. The phone has dual-touch game trigger keys for better gaming experience and packs a 5100mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging.
Nubia Play specifications
- 6.65-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with 144Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with nubiaUI 8.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, 1217 Linear Speaker, DTS
- Dimensions: 171.7×78.5×9.1mm; Weight: 210g
- 5G SA/ NSA / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5100mAh (Typical) battery with 30W fast charging
The nubia Play comes in Black, Blue and White colours, is priced at 2399 yuan (US$ 339 / Rs. 26,095 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2699 yuan (US$ 381 / Rs. 29,280 approx.) and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2999 yuan (US$ 424 / Rs. 32,535 approx.). It is available for order from today and goes on sale in China from April 24th.