Yesterday at an event, HUAWEI’s HONOR brand announced the Kirin 820 5G SoC, HONOR 30S, and HONOR Play 9A smartphones. Now HONOR has introduced HONOR 8A Prime, the company’s latest budget smartphone in Russia. The 8A Prime is just a rebranded HONOR 8A Pro that was launched last year, but this one comes at a much lower price point.
HONOR 8A Prime flaunts a 6.09-inch HD+ waterdrop notch display with an 87% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio P35 12nm SoC with 3GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Oreo), and has a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, and an 8-megapixel front camera.
It has a fingerprint sensor, unlike the Chinese model, comes with face unlock that can scan 1024 facial points, features dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a 3020mAh battery.
Honor 8A Prime specifications
- 6.09-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53) MediaTek Helio P35 12nm Processor with 680 MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.28×73.5×8.0mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3020mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
HONOR 8A Prime comes in Midnight Black, Blue, Emerald Green color options and is priced at 9990 rubles (US$ 127 / Rs. 9600 approx.) and is available on HONOR Russia e-Store. Availability in other markets including India is not known yet.