HUAWEI’s HONOR brand just announced the HONOR 30S, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone and the first smartphone to be powered by its Kirin 820 5G SoC in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.5-inch FHD+ screen with 90.3% screen-to-body ratio with a punch-hole that houses a 16-megapixel camera, comes with a 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom, 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide-angle lens and a 2-megapixel macro lens.
It runs Android 10 with Magic UI 3.1.1, but has HUAWEI Mobile Services instead of Google Play Services, has a 2.4mm ultra-narrow side-mounted fingerprint scanner, gradient glass back and packs a 4000mAh large battery with 40W super fast charging that can charge up to 70% in 30 minutes.
HONOR 30S specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 2.5D curved glass display with 96% NTSC color gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 820 5G (1 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36GHz + 3 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.22GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.84 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G57MP6 GPU, 1 x NPU (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 10 with Magic UI 3.1.1
- Dual SIM
- 64MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.31 x 75.0 x 8.58mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) with 40W super Fast charging
The HONOR 30S comes in Black, Green and Blue colors, is priced at 2399 yuan (US$ 338 / Rs. 25,470 approx.) for the 128GB storage version and the 256GB storage version costs 2699 yuan (US$ 380 / Rs. 28,655 approx.). It will be available order from March 30 and go on sales in China from April 7.