Redmi introduced its latest smartphone in the flagship killer K series, Redmi K30 Pro 5G along with Zoom edition in China earlier this week. Redmi K30 Pro 5G is the successor to Redmi K20 Pro which was quite popular and an easy recommendation in its price category in India. While everyone was waiting to hear about the Redmi K30 Pro India launch from Redmi India team, a new finding from XDA suggests that the smartphone might launch under POCO in India.
While decompiling the lastest version of the MIUI Camera app, kacskrz, A XDA member, found a constant ‘device_poco_watermark_default_text’ containing the string “SHOT ON POCO Phone” which suggests that the smartphone may land in India as a POCO product. We are still not sure if this will be the POCO F2, the successor to the legendary POCO F1, but since it uses top-tier silicon from Qualcomm, we are expecting it to launch as POCO F2 only.
Redmi K30 Pro / K30 Pro Zoom Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 1200nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Redmi K30 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- Redmi K30 Pro zoom edition – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, OIS, 8MP telephoto lens for 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens,2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 120fps slow motion
- Water resistant (IP53)
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The Redmi K30 Pro comes in White, Blue, Gray and Purple colors and starts at 2999 yuan (US$ 423 / Rs. 32,250 approx.) in China.
This isn’t the first instance when a Redmi device will launch under the POCO brand in India, Redmi K30 4G variant also introduced as POCO X2 in India back in February. POCO GM, C Manmohan in various reports clarified that Redmi team adapted the POCO X2 as K30 4G for China, so it won’t be surprising to learn that the same is the case with Redmi K30 Pro 5G as well. Anyway, it seems like a great device for the price going by the on-paper specifications and users for sure will have a good option in this price segment irrespective of the branding on it!