Samsung’s upcoming 5G smartphone with model number SM-A7160 has been certified by TENAA in China after the Galaxy A71 4G phone (SM-A715F) that was introduced back in December and it was also launched in India last month. This should be the Galaxy A71. The spec sheet doesn’t reveal the screen size or image, but it should come with a Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, similar to most of the mid-range Samsung phones. It is rumored to be the first Samsung phone to be powered by its own Exynos 980 8nm SoC with support for built-in 5G, compared to Snapdragon 730 in the 4G version. The SoC already powers the Vivo X30 and X30 Pro 5G smartphones in China.
This reveals a 64-megapixel rear camera, but it is not clear if this will have a triple or quad rear camera arrangement since we don’t have details about them or the images. The listing also reveals a 12-megapixel front camera, and a 4500mAh battery. 3C listing in China already revealed 25W super fast charging support for the phone.
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G rumored specifications
- Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 980 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP5GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage, expandable via micro SD card
- Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, 12MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor, 5MP macro camera
- 12MP front camera
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.6×75.5×8.1mm; Weight: 185g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) VHT80 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4370mAh (minimum) battery with 25W super fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A71 5G is expected to come in Black, White and more colors. We should know more details in the coming weeks.