Sony Mobile has announced Xperia 10 II (pronounced mark 2), the company’s latest mid-range smartphone along with the Xperia 1 II. It features a 6-inch 21:9 Wide Full HD+ OLED screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, is powered by Snapdragon 665 with 4GB of RAM, runs Android 10, and features triple rear cameras (12MP (main) +8MP (telephoto) and 8MP (120° ultra-wide) and an 8MP front camera.
It has a lightweight 151g body, IP65/IP68 water and dust resistance and packs a 3600mAh battery with 18W fast charging. “Its charging technologies help the battery stay healthy; Leaving a fully-charged battery plugged in can damage it so Battery Care charges your phone to 90%, waits, then cleverly charges to 100% just before your wake-up time whilst Xperia Adaptive Charging adjusts levels to make sure the battery is never overworked,” according to the company.
Sony Xperia 10 II specifications
- 6-inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 21:9 aspect ratio Wide TRILUMINOS display for mobile with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor, 77° wide-angle lens, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1/4″ sensor for 2x zoom, 8MP 1/4″ 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/4″ sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157 x 69 x 8.2mm; Weight: 151g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3600mAh battery with Adaptive Charging, 18W fast charging
The Sony Xperia 10 II comes in Black and White colors and will be available in select markets from Spring 2020. No details about the pricing yet.