Samsung has announced its flagship Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ smartphones at its Galaxy Unpacked event in San Francisco, as it had promised. These pack a 6.2/6.7-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Displays with 120Hz refresh rate, powered by Snapdragon 865 / Exynos 990 SoC depending on the market and also comes in 5G models with Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 / Exynos Modem 5123 modem. These feature in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner, run Android 10 with OneUI 2.0 and come with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
The S20 has triple rear cameras with a primary 12-megapixel Dual Pixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 120-degree field of view and a 64-megapixel Telephoto lens with OIS. The S20+ has an additional depth sensor. These also have 10-megapixel Dual Pixel front-facing camera. These also support 8K video shooting. “Even the bumpiest videos look like they were shot using an action cam, thanks to Super Steady and its anti-rolling stabilization and AI motion analysis, said the company.
These have IP68 water and dust resistance, 4000mAh and 4,500mAh batteries, respectively with support for wired 25W fast charging and Fast Wireless Charging as well as new Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phones.
Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ specifications
- S20 – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 563 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- S20+ – 6.7-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- S20 – 8GB / 12GB (5G) LPDDR5 RAM with 128GBGB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- S20+ – 8GB / 12GB (5G) LPDDR5 RAM with 128GBGB /256 (5G) / 512GB (5G) storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, Super Speed Dual Pixel AF, OIS, 64MP Telephoto lens with 76° FoV, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 3X, Super Resolution Zoom up to 30X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera (S20+)
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- S20 Dimensions: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- S20+ Dimensions: 161.9 x 73.7 x 7.8mm; Weight: 186g (188g for 5G)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S20 – 4,000mAh (typical) / 3880mAh (minimum) battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
- S20+ – 4,500mAh (typical) / 4370mAh (minimum) battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy S20 comes in Cloud Blue, Cosmic Gray and Cloud Pink colors, and the Galaxy S20+ comes in Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue and Cosmic Black colors.
Pricing and availability
- Galaxy S20 LTE 128GB — £799 (US$ 1,035 / Rs. 73,890 approx.) / €899 (US$ 981 / Rs. 69,980 approx.)
- Galaxy S20 5G 128GB — $999.99 (Rs. 71,325 approx.) / £899 / €999
- Galaxy S20+ LTE 128GB — 79,990 Russian Ruble (US$ 1,260 / Rs. 90,010 approx.)
- Galaxy S20+ 5G 128GB — $1,199.99 (Rs. 85,590 approx.) / £999 / €1099
- Galaxy S20+ 5G 512GB — $1,299.99 (Rs. 92,720 approx.)
The Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ will be available for pre-order starting from February 21, 2020 and go on sale from March 6, 2020.