OnePlus remains committed to delivering the best software experience for its TV customers as it adds new functionality with a software update. Most notably, the OnePlus TV will now have native support for Spotify, other content apps like Jio Saavn, Voot and more.
Another functionality with the update includes the ability to connect your Bluetooth headsets to the TV directly. This will let users enjoy content on the TV at good volume without disturbing others in the vicinity. The update also allows users to share easily share their Wi-Fi hotspot from their OnePlus phone with their TV.
Below is the complete list of changes that comes with this software update:
- OxygenPlay: New Content Integration with MX Player, Voot, ShemarooMe, Alt Balaji, Spotify, JioSaavn.
- Bluetooth Stereo: New playback animation while playing music through Bluetooth stereo
- OnePlus Connect: OnePlus smartphone can share Hotspot to OnePlus TV; OnePlus Connect supports up to five devices simultaneously
- PQ optimization: Streamlined PQ mode options; added color gamut conversion; Turn off MEMC in Dolby mode.
- Local Player: Support both embedded and external subtitle while playing local videos.
- System: Use Prime Video button on the remote to power on/ off the TV.
The update will come pre-installed for new users and existing users will receive the update via an OTA for both the OnePlus TV 55 Q1 and OnePlus TV 55 Q1 Pro.
Commenting on the release of the software update, Vikas Agarwal, General Manager, OnePlus India said:
We at OnePlus strive to take the home environment to the next level of intelligent connectivity. The new update brings a lot of viewing and listening content to the OnePlus TV. Our approach has always been a community-first approach and we are happy to bring premium content partners on to the OnePlus TV.