Update — January 31, 2020: realme today confirmed that the phone will launch with realme UI out of the box, so this could be the most affordable phone running Android 10 when it launches next week.
Update — January 30, 2020: Flipkart has confirmed 3GB + 32GB and 4GB + 64GB storage versions, 6.52-inch HD+ Mini-drop notch display with 89.8% screen-to-body ratio, latest MediaTek Helio G70 12nm SoC, 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture and a 5000mAh battery.
Realme C3 specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ mini-drop display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G70 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 1.7GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage / 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB eMMC 5.1 storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- realme UI based on Android 10
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Earlier: realme just started sending out invites for the launch of realme C3, the company’s new budget smartphone in India on February 6th. The invite shows the design of the phone with a dewdrop notch and dual rear cameras, similar to the predecessor, but the rear cameras are arranged vertically. It is not clear if the company is planning to launch realme C3s alongside since it has been in the news recently.
A series that successfully made its mark in the entry-level segment!
Packed with a 13+2 MP Dual Rear Camera, 5 MP Front Camera and 2GB RAM, both smartphones in the realme C series deliver unmatched performance and have been chosen by 10.2 million global users. pic.twitter.com/cyXU0mVMmR
— realme (@realmemobiles) January 28, 2020
The company recently announced that it has sold over 10.2 million C series smartphones. To remind you the realme C2, which was launched back in April last year packs a 6.1-inch HD+ screen, powered by MediaTek Helio P22 SoC with up to 3GB of RAM, 13MP + 2MP rear, 5MP front, and a 4000mAh battery.
We can expect the C3 to feature a similar HD+ screen, but with improved screen-to-body ratio, improved cameras, and possibly a bigger battery since the company’s realme 5 series pack a 5000mAh battery. It will likely run ColorOS 6 based on Android Pie out of the box. Since the company has promised realme UI and Android 10 update for the realme C2, the C3 should also get the update in Q3 2020.