After rumors, Samsung has officially introduced the Galaxy XCover Pro, the company’s latest rugged smartphone in the XCover series. It packs a 6.3-inch FHD+ Infinity Display with an enhanced touchscreen able to work in any condition, including rain or snow. Glove mode allows for gloves-on use and the new voice to text message feature provides real-time dictation and messaging for simple, convenient communication. Powered by Exynos 9611, it has 4GB RAM and runs Android 10 with One UI 2.0.
The smartphone is IP68 water and dust resistant, capable of withstanding drops of up to 1.5m, even without a case, and is MIL-STD 810G certified for reliable protection against extreme altitude, humidity, and other severe environmental conditions. It has Pogo pin charging support and is compatible with third-party charging docks, and a 4,050mAh battery promises long battery life, which is also replaceable.
Targeted at enterprise customers, it features two programmable keys to create custom actions with one click. “This functionality makes complicated workflows simple letting users open the scanner, turn on the flashlight or launch a CRM app all without swiping through apps, scrolling through menus, or even looking at the screen,” said the company. It is push-to-talk ready, enabling instant communication between the shop floor and the back office. Microsoft is the first partner to leverage the XCover Pro’s push-to-talk feature, through an integration for the device with Microsoft Teams that provides direct access to Teams’ new Walkie Talkie capability from a programmable key on the side of the device.
Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro specifications
- 6.3-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-O LCD screen, Wet Touch, Glove Mode
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9611 10nm processor with Mali-G72 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2.0
- Dual / Single SIM
- 25MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Programmable push To Talk button
- Dimensions: 159.9 X 76.7 X 9.94mm; Weight: 218g
- Water and dust resistant (IP68), US Military Standard MIL-STD 810G
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4050mAh removable battery with 15W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro comes in Black color, is priced at $499.99 (Rs. 35,430 approx.) and will roll out starting from the first half of 2020 in the U.S.