realme just announced X50 5G, the company’s first 5G smartphone at an event in China as it had promised. It packs a 6.57-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate and 90.48% screen to body ratio and the punch-hole screen houses a 16MP camera as well as an 8MP 105° ultra-wide sensor, is powered by Snapdragon 765G with up to 12GB RAM and support for built-in 5G stand alone and non-stand alone (SA/NSA) sub-6GHz networks. It features 8mm liquid-cooled copper pipe 3.0 for improved heat dissipation.
The X50 features quad rear cameras that includes a 64-megapixel primary rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor and f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens, 12-megapixel telephoto lens for 20x hybrid zoom and 2MP macro sensor. It has a 3D glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, features side-mounted fingerprint scanner that can unlock the phone within a second, features Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res audio certification, but it doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack. It packs a 4200mAh battery with 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0 fast charging that can charge the phone up to 70% in 30 minutes.
It has also introduced X50 5G Master Edition created by renowned Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa in Black and Gold versions inpired by Points and Lines. This uses Classic indium plating process to achieve dynamic refractive metallic luster. The finishing process sculpts nano-scale concentric circles and parallel lines of metal texture, giving metal and glass a unique mix and match style.
Realme X50 5G specifications
- 6.57-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with realme UI
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, UIS stabilization, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.5 aperture for up to 20x hybrid zoom, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 960fps slow-motion
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 8MP 105 ° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, 1216 Linear Speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio certification
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.8×8.9mm; Weight: 202g
- 5G SA/ NSA (Optional) / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh (Typical) / 4100mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 flash charge
The realme X50 5G comes in Polar White and Glacier Blue colors and will roll out starting from January 14th. Pricing as follows.
- realme X50 8GB + 128GB — 2499 yuan (US$ 359 / Rs. 25,805 approx.)
- realme X50 6GB + 256GB — 2699 yuan (US$ 388 / Rs. 27,875 approx.)
- realme X50 12GB + 256GB — 2999 yuan (US$ 430 / Rs. 30,970 approx.)
- realme X50 12GB + 256GB Master Edition — 3099 yuan (US$ 446 / Rs. 32,005 approx.)