Xiaomi’s Redmi brand announced the Redmi K30 5G and 4G versions at an event in China earlier this month. Even though 4G version of the phone went on sale China from December 12th, the company said that the Redmi K30 5G will go on sale from January 2020. Today it has confirmed that the first sale of the phone will happen starting from January 7th. Even though this might be the first phone to be announced with Snapdragon 765G, the OPPO Reno3 Pro 5G which was introduced last week will be the first Snapdragon 765G-powered phone that will be available in China from tomorrow, December 31st.
To remind you, the phone packs a 6.67-inch Full HD+ 120Hz LCD screen with 4.38mm, dual-punch-hole screen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to 4.25mm ultra-narrow bottom frame, has built-in 5G stand alone and non-stand alone (SA/NSA) sub-6GHz networks. It has 5mm copper tube liquid cooling to the temperature of the phone by up to 7 degrees, and the phone runs Android 10 with MIUI 11 on top.
It packs Sony IMX686 64-megapixel 1/1.7″ sensor, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, 5-megapixel 2cm super macro lens and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. On the front there is a 20-megapixel camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. The phone has a 3D curved frosted glass body with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 4500mAh battery with 30W Flash Charge fast charging that can charge the phone fully in 1 hour.
Redmi K30 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm, f/1.89 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP (2MP in K30) macro sensors with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30fps, 960 fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera, 2MP secondary camera with 1.75μm for portrait
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1217 Linear Speaker, Smart PA
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.6×8.79mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) (K30 5G), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W flash charge
The Redmi K30 5G comes in White, Blue Red and Purple colors, starts at 1999 yuan (US$ 286 / Rs. 20,430 approx.) for the 6GB + 64GB and goes up to 2899 yuan (US$ 414 / Rs. 29,625 approx.) for the 8GB + 256GB version.