Amazon has been bringing changes to Echo and Fire TV devices lately such as Alexa Announcements, official YouTube app on Fire TV, Apple TV support, and more. Today, Amazon is introducing Alexa Home Theater System letting users connect Echo devices with their Fire TV device.
Amazon Echo devices can be connected with Fire TV devices to be used as a wireless speaker system to watch your favorite shows, movies and more on Fire TV. Echo Sub users can experience 1.1 and 2.1 audio configurations while users of current generation of Echo and Echo Plus can stream Dolby audio wireless, and Echo Studio users can stream Dolby Atmos-quality sound.
Here’s how you can set up your Echo device/devices as a wireless speaker system:
- Connect your Fire TV device and Echo device/devices to the same network and Amazon account.
- In the Alexa app, tap on the “Devices” icon on the lower right-hand side and then tap the “+” icon on the upper right-hand side.
- Tap “Set Up Audio System” from the popup and then tap “Home Theater” on the next screen.
- Select your Fire TV device and then”Next” to name your new Home Theater system.
- Select the Echo devices you would like to use as speakers and you can set-up two speakers, plus an optional Echo Sub.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.