Xiaomi just announced Mi watch, the company’s first smartwatch in the Mi Ecosystem in China, as it had promised. It has a 1.78-inch AMOLED touch screen with support for over 100 watch faces, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 with 1GB of RAM, runs Wear OS with MIUI for Watch on top with over 40 apps and has support for eSIM for 4G VoLTE calling through all the major operators in China such as China Telecom and China Unicom. It promises up to 36 hours of battery life on 4G.
The watch can automatically track 10 sports activities, comes with European professional sports algorithm FIRSTBEAT, which supports 02 Max.
Xiaomi Mi Watch specifications
- 1.78-inch (368 x 448 pixels) AMOLED 326PPI screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 / sapphire crystal (Premium Edition) protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 Platform
- 1GB RAM, 8GB eMMC
- Wear OS based MIUI For Watch with support for Android and iOS
- Sports, Activity and Sleep tracking
- Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer
- Swim Proof
- 4G VoLTE (via eSIM), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS+GLONASS+BEIDOU, NFC
- Dimensions: 44.69 x 36.92x 12.28mm; Weight: 44g (without strap) / 56g (Premium Edition without strap)
- Speaker, microphone
- 570mAh (typical) / 560mAh (minimum) battery with up to 36hours of battery life on 4G
The Xiaomi Mi Watch comes in Silver and Elegant Black colors with rubber band and costs 1299 yuan (US$ 185 / Rs. 13,125 approx.) and will be available in China from November 11th, while the Premium Edition in Black color with Stainless Steel band costs 1999 yuan (US$ 285 / Rs. 20,200 approx.) , and will go on sale in China from mid-December.