Sony Mobile has introduced Xperia 8, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in Japan. It has a 6-inch Full HD+ 21:9 Wide Full HD+ displays with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, is powered by Snapdragon 630 with 4GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie), features 13-megapixel camera and an 8-megapixel camera with 2X optical zoom for Images and an 8-megapixel front camera.
The phone has a fingerprint sensor on the right, has a waterproof (IPX5 / 8) and dust proof (IP6X) body, glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, comes with Sony’s High-Resolution Audio with and LDAC technology and packs a 2760mAh battery.
Sony Xperia 8 specifications
- 6-inch (2560 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 21:9 aspect ratio wide LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, EIS, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2x optical zoom
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8), dust proof (IP6X)
- Dimensions: 158 x 69 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2760mAh battery with fast charging
The Sony Xperia 8 comes in Gray, Black, Orange, Blue, is priced at 54,000 yen (US$ 505 / Rs. 35,840 approx.) including tax, and 50,000 yen (US$ 467 / Rs. 33,180 approx.) excluding tax and will go on sale in Japan from late October.