LG just launched G8s ThinQ, the company’s latest top-end smartphone in India, after it was introduced at the MWC earlier this year. It has a 6.2-inch FullVision FHD+ OLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with 6GB of RAM, runs Android Pie, has triple rear cameras that includes a 12-megapixel main camera, 13-megapixel 137˚ super wide-angle camera and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens. It has stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack and DAC, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass back, MIL-STD 810G compliance and IP68 water and dust resistance.
On the front it sports a standard 8-megapixel sensor and a 3D ToF front camera that measures the distance between the subject and the camera in millimeters to control the intensity of the background blur up to 256 levels for selfies with more depth. It also offers enhanced security with Hand ID and Face Unlock. Hand ID uses the Z Camera’s ability to scan a user’s unique circulatory pattern using infrared light making unlocking the phone in the dark just as accurate as during the day. The Z Camera is Air Motion, a touchless command interface that allow users to perform various actions without touching the screen.
LG G8s ThinQ specifications
- 6.2-inch (2248 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 137˚ super wide camera, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0 µm pixel size, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 1.22μm pixel size, 80° lens, 3D ToF sensor
- Fingerprint sensor, 3D face unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, DAC, Stereo speakers
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions:155.3 x 76.6 x 7.99mm; Weight: 181g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3550mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The LG G8s ThinQ comes only in Black color in India, is priced at Rs. 36,990 and will be available across retail outlets starting from tomorrow, September 29th. It is available from Amazon.in for Rs. 35,990.
Commenting on the launch, Advait Vaidya, Business Head- Mobile Communications, LG Electronics India, said:
We are extremely delighted to launch the LG G8s ThinQ, which combines the best of G series to redefine the smartphone user experience across regions. With the latest feature of G-OLED Display & Z camera, consumers can now enjoy a secure recognition feature coupled with a cutting-edge camera performance. This latest addition is a testament to our relentless commitment of providing innovation for a better life. We are confident that LG G8s ThingQ smartphone, will elevate the experience of both our existing and future consumer.