Xiaomi’s Redmi brand today introduced new K20 Pro Premium Edition with a faster Snapdragon 855 Plus Mobile Platform, up to 12GB RAM and up to 512GB storage, as it had promised. There is also a new Cool black color, in addition to White, Blue, Red and Carbon Black, but it will be available only mid-October. Other specifications are similar to the original K20 Pro. The company did not mention if it’s UFS 3.0, so it will likely be UFS 2.1.
Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 600nit (HBM) / 430nit (Typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 512GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 512GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, 8MP 1/4″ OV8856 telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture for 2x loss-less zoom, 13MP 1/3″ Samsung S5K3L6 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8μm
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7×74.3×8.8mm; Weight: 191g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh(typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging
Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition is priced at 2699 yuan (US$ 380 / Rs. 27,135 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, 2999 yuan (US$ 422 / Rs. 30,160 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 512GB storage version and the top-end 12GB RAM with 512GB storage version costs 3199 yuan (US$ 450 / Rs. 32,160 approx.), but it will be available for 2999 yuan till September 23rd. The new version is already on sale in China. It is not clear if the company will bring this to other countries including India.