Meizu just announced the Meizu 16s Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.2-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with ultra narrow bottom bezel, is powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus with up to 8GB of RAM, Hyper Gaming, runs Flyme OS 8 based Android Pie with One Mind 3.5 AI, has a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, four-axis OIS, 20-megapixel secondary telephoto lens with Sony IMX350 sensor for 3x lossless zoom and a 16-megapixel Sony IMX481 117° ultra-wide angle lens that also lets you shoot 2.5cm macro. It also has a 20-megapixel camera on the front for 0.2-second face unlock, AI beauty features.
The phone has an in-display fingerprint scanner that is 25% faster to unlock the phone in just 0.15 seconds compared to 16s, features second generation stereo speakers, and the built-in mEngine 3.0 that offers more real and delicate vibration effect as well as 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone to intelligent match the scenes. The phone packs a 3600mAh battery with support for 24W mCharge fast charging.
It doesn’t come with a 3.5mm audio jack, but the company is selling a new Hi-Fi Auto Pro Type-C to 3.5mm converter with braided cable, Cirrus Logic CS43131 Hi-Fi DAC and Class II TI OPA 1622 operational amplifier (op amp), Hi-Res audio support that promises the best audio experience.
It also introduced new Meizu EP3C Type-C Headphones with Bio-fiber diaphragm, sound field wide-area technology, Hi-Res sound certification and built-in DAC.
Meizu 16s Pro specifications
- 6.2-inch (1080 × 2232 pixels) Full HD+ 18.6:9 Super AMOLED display with 430 nits brightness, 103% NTSC color gamut, 96.1% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Flyme OS 8
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 0.8um pixel size with ring LED flash, OIS, PDAF, 20MP secondary telephoto camera with Sony IMX350 sensor with f/2.6 aperture, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117° degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with Samsung 3T2 sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 151.9 x 73.4 x 7.65mm; Weight: 166g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), USB Type-C
- 3600mAh (typical) / 3540mAh (minimum) battery with 24W mCharge fast charging
The Meizu 16s Pro comes in Black, White, Green and Gradient White colors, is priced at 2699 yuan (US$ 376 / Rs. 27,060 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 2999 yuan (US$ 418 / Rs. 30,070 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3299 yuan (US$ 460 / Rs. 33,080 approx.). It will be available for order in China from today, August 28th and will go on sale from August 31st.
The Meizu Hi-Fi Auto Pro Type-C to 3.5mm converter is priced at 269 yuan (US$ 279 / Rs. 2,700 approx.) and the Meizu EP3C Type-C Headphones cost 129 yuan (US$ 18 / Rs. 1,290 approx.) , but you can get it for 99 yuan (US$ 14 / Rs. 990 approx.) with the 16s Pro.