Vivo’s iQOO today announced the iQOO Pro and iQOO Pro 5G, the company’s latest top-end smartphones. These have the same 6.41-inch Full HD+ water drop notch Super AMOLED screen with 91.7% screen-to-body ratio and run Android Pie with Funtouch OS , but these powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus with liquid cooling along with superconducting carbon fiber and temperature equalizing plate for improved heat dissipation, up to 12GB of RAM, have a 48-megapixel primary rear camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, secondary 13-megapixel 120-degree ultra-wide lens and a 2-megapixel sensor for portrait shots. There is also a 12-megapixel camera on the front.
These have 4D curved glass back with glow inspired from a race car. The exquisite curve is connected, the bright middle frame and the glass back cover are integrated into one another. These have four pressure-sensitive buttons from three, and the vibration feedback is optimized to give the feel of physical buttons. Game space 2.0 brings new visual upgrade, Professional linear motor and 4D Vibration 3.0 offers improved gaming experience. Halo cool lighting effect 2.0 lets you choose lighting effect color, mode, frequency and more based on the preference.
These have UFS 3.0 storage and pack a 4500mAh battery with 44W fast charging that can charge the phone from 0 to 100% in just 50 minutes. The 5G model has Snapdragon X50 modem with 6 Antenna design along with side distributed antenna technology, and most of the 5G antennas are placed on the upper side of the mobile phone so that hands doesn’t block the signal when holding the phone. This model supports 5G+4G via dual SIM cards.
Vivo iQOO Pro and iQOO Pro 5G specifications
- 6.41-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal memory, 12GB RAM with 128GB / 512GB (UFS 3.0) internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX582 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, 13MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC
- Dimensions: 158.77×75.73×9.325mm ; Weight: 215g (4G) / 217g (5G)
- 4G / 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C 2.0, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4410mAh (minimum) battery with 44W ultra fast charging
Vivo iQOO Pro and iQOO Pro 5G come in Black and Blue colors. The iQOO Pro is priced at 3198 yuan (US$ 451 / Rs. 32,459 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage and 3498 yuan (US$ 493 / Rs. 35,500 approx.) for the 12GB RAM with 128GB storage version. The iQOO Pro 5G is priced at 3798 yuan (US$ 536 / Rs. 38,555 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 3998 yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 40,590 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version and 12GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 4098 yuan (US$ 578 / Rs. 41,600 approx.) . These are now available for order and will go on pre-sale in China from August 29, and normal sale from September 2nd.