HUAWEI’s HONOR brand just announced its Vision TV, which is the company’s first smart TV at the Huawei Developer’s Conference (HDC) 2019, as it had promised. It has a 55-inch 4K screen with HDR support and 94% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to three-sided borderless full-screen design. It is powered HONGHU 818 quad-core SoC and runs the company’s latest HarmonyOS that offers multi-device interaction.
Magic-link lets users to use their smartphone or Pad to search for programs, adjust settings, and more. This also allows users to simultaneously sync content being typed out on their smartphone or Pad to the HONOR Vision display, connect and project files without downloading any apps on their smartphone or smart screen, and can simply tap to activate NFC and enjoy a 1080P HDR content viewing experience.
The built-in pop-up AI camera in the Vision TV Pro model can intelligently track your face when it is needed, seamlessly track your position and posture for 1080p video calls, no matter how far you go, thanks to dedicated HiSilicon Hi3516DV300 NPU chipset. It has 6 far-field microphones for voice assistant that can pick up audio even when you are far away. The Vision TV Pro also has 60W (6 x 10W) speakers with HUAWEI Histen audio effects for an immersive audio experience and comes with auto audio adjustment depending on the channel.
It can wake up from standby in just 1 second and can boot up in 2 seconds. The TV is just 6.9mm at its thinnest point, features 3D arc full metal frame, diamond texture on the back, colorful breathing light on the front, as well as dynamic screensaver and minimalist user interface design. It has a Bluetooth remote, and you can also use your phone as a remote.
HONOR Vision TV specifications
- 55-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 87% NTSC Color Gamut, 400 nit brightness 178-degree viewing angle
- HONGHU 818 Quad-Core (2 x A73 + 2 x A53) 28nm SoC with 600MHz Mali-G51MP4 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage (Vision TV) / 32GB storage (Vision TV Pro)
- HarmonyOS 1.0
- Built-in 1080p pop-up camera (Vision TV Pro model only)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz) 2X2 with HiSilicon Hi1103 for 1.7Gbps download speed, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, 3 x HDMI 2.0 ( 1 x HDMI ARC), 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x AV, 1 x DTMB, 1 x S/PDIF, 1 x Ethernet port
- Supports H.265 4K at 60 / 30 fps, H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps
- 4x 10W (Vision TV) / 6x 10W (Vision TV Pro) speaker, HUAWEI Histen audio
The HONOR Vision TV is priced at 3799 yuan (US$ 537 / Rs. 38,210 approx.) and the Vision TV Pro with the pop-up camera costs 4799 yuan (US$ 679/ Rs. 48,270 approx.). It will be available for order starting today and goes on sale in China starting from August 15th.