ZTE’s Nubia brand just announced the Nubia Z20, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.42-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with minimal bezels and no notch since it doesn’t have a front camera, and a secondary 5.1-inch HD+ AMOLED screen that blends into the glass body. There is DC dimming, and the new AOD 2.0, supports information display with customizable text, graphics, GIF, video and more on both the screens.
It has a 48-megapixel rear camera Sony IMX586, OIS, with AI scene recognition, dual-tone LED flash along with a secondary 16-megapixel 122.2° ultra-wide sensor and an 8-megapixel telephoto lens for 3x loss-less zoom. Since there is a screen on the back, you can use the rear display to capture selfies. It is powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus with 8GB of RAM and runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with nubia UI 7.0. There are fingerprint sensors on both the sides so that it works when you use the phone both the sides.
The phone features FIT4.0, pressure-sensitive frame with custom long and short grip shortcut functions, option for right and left virtual game button functions in the secondary screen, four-finger operation and more for gaming, and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 27W fast PD charging as well as Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0.
Nubia Z20 specifications
- 6.42-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ AMOLED curved glass display with 430 nit / 600nit (HBM) brightness, 100% NTSC Color Gamut
- 5.1-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ AMOLED secondary display with 330nit brightness, 100% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with nubia UI 7.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, dual LED flash, OIS, 16MP 122.2° ultra-wide camera, 2.5cm macro, 8MP telephoto lens for 3x loss-less zoom and 30x digital zoom
- Dual side-mounted fingerprint sensors
- Dimensions: 158.63×75.26×9mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, Dual GPS (L1/L5), USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typcial) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast PD charging, Quick Charge 4.0
The Nubia Z20 comes in Black, Blue and Red colors, is priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 496 / Rs. 35,180 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 3699 yuan (US$ 524 / Rs. 37,195 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 512GB storage version costs 4199 yuan (US$ 595 / Rs. 42,220 approx.). It will be available for order from today and goes on sale in China from August 16th.