Samsung has announced Galaxy Watch Active2, the company’s latest smartwatch and successor of Galaxy Watch Active that was introduced earlier this year, as it had promised. It comes in 44mm and 40mm models with 1.4-inch and 1.2-inch curved Super AMOLED screen with rotating touch bezel that turns both clockwise and counter-clockwise to advance screens so you can easily select favorite apps.
The upgraded One UI offers a simple, clear and natural user experience for navigation with My Style color extraction algorithm on the Galaxy Wearable app that lets you simply take a photo of your outfit, choose from five different color patterns, and your watch face changes in seconds. It also comes in two styles: lightweight aluminum with a casual Fluoroelastomer (FKM) Band, and premium solid stainless steel with a leather strap.
It can manually track more than 39 workouts with seven of them automatically activated—including running, walking, cycling, swimming, rowing machine, elliptical machine and dynamic workouts. It has new health sensors on the back, which take in readings faster and the watch also helps you track real-time stress levels through Samsung Health, provides access to guided meditation programs through an integration with Calm.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 specifications
- 44mm models: 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- 40mm models: 1.2-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 768MB / 1.5GB (LTE) RAM, 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS, compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM and iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9T (44mm) / 40 x 40 x 10.9T (40mm); Weight: 30g (Aluminum 44mm), 26g (Aluminum 40mm), 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm), 37g (Stainless Steel 40mm)
- LTE (Optional), Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh (44mm) / 247mAh (40mm) battery with WPC-based wireless charging
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Aluminum version comes in Silver Cloud, Aqua Black and Pink Gold colors with Fluoroelastomer (FKM) and the Stainless Steel version comes in Silver, Black and Gold with Leather Strap colors.
Pricing and availability
- 40mm aluminum – $279.99 (Rs. 19,830 approx.) / € 299 (Rs. 23,710 approx.)
- 40mm stainless steel – € 399 (US$ 446 / Rs. 31,635 approx.)
- 44mm aluminum -$299.99 (Rs. 21,245 approx.) / € 319 (Rs. 25,295 approx.)
- 44mm stainless steel – € 419 (US$ 469 / Rs. 33,225 approx.)
- 40mm LTE stainless steel – € 449 (US$ 502 / Rs. 35,605 approx.)
- 44mm LTE stainless steel – € 469 (US$ 525 / Rs. 37,195 approx.)
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 will be available for pre-order from August 23 in Europe and will be available from September 13. In the US it will be available for pre-orders from September 6 and go on sale from September 27, 2019. The Galaxy Watch Active2 LTE edition will be available at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular and Verizon starting September 27, 2019.