Vivo has launched Y90, the company’s latest budget smartphone in the ‘Y Series’ in India. It comes with a 6.22-inch HD+ screen with 19:9 aspect ratio with screen-to-body ratio of 88.6%, is powerd by Helio A22 Quad-Core 12nm SoC with 2GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 with Funtouch OS on top, has an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, and a 5-megapixel front camera with AI beauty features and face unlock, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, packs a 4030mAh battery combined with vivo’s exclusive smart power management system, and the company said that the phone manufactured at vivo’s Greater Noida facility.
Vivo Y90 specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520×720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio A22 (MT6761) 16nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE83200 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Funtouch OS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.8 aperture
- Dimensions:155.11×75.09×8.28mmmm; Weight: 163.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS
- 4030mAh battery
The Vivo Y90 comes in Black and Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 6,990 and will be available across all offline partner stores and major e-commerce websites starting tomorrow, 27th July 2019.
Commenting on the launch, Nipun Marya, Director Brand Strategy, vivo India said:
In line with our India strategy, we work relentlessly to provide consumers with a wide spectrum of products with innovative features that meets their specific requirements across different price brackets. The latest addition to our Y-Series portfolio is a significant step in this direction. The Y90 caters to the increasing expectations of our consumers who are on a constant look-out for a device with bigger battery and bigger display at a highly affordable price point.