Sony has introduced RX100 VII compact camera with a new 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and latest generation BIONZ X image processor. This combination delivers new levels of autofocus performance and achieves speed breakthroughs that have previously only been seen on the Alpha 9, said the company. It has ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mmviii F2.8-4.5 high magnification zoom lens.
The camera offers 357 focal-plane phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast-detection AF points. In addition, the image sensor realises blackout-free shooting for a completely live view, even when continuous shooting at 20fps; the same experience as the Alpha 9. The new drive mode uses Single Burst Shooting for capturing the perfect high-speed shot at up to 90fps in JPEG/RAW format utilising the anti-distortion shutter.
Real-time Tracking utilises Sony’s latest algorithm including artificial intelligence-based object recognition to ensure that subjects can be captured with excellent accuracy, even via the touch panel on the rear screen. Real-time Eye AF employs AI-based object recognition to detect and process eye data in real time, resulting in improved accuracy, speed and tracking performance of Eye AF for both humans and animals.
You can also connect an external microphone with the Shooting Grip Kit (DSC-RX100M7G) that includes an RX100 VII, Shooting Grip (VCT-SGR1) which allows for easy recording and zooming, Bracket with Accessory Shoe to attach the Microphone, and two Rechargeable Battery Packs(NP-BX1), perfect for vloggers.
Sony RX100 VII features and specifications
- 20.1MP 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) 3:2 Exmor RS CMOS sensor with DRAM chip, uses back-illumination technology for increased light-collection efficiency. The standard ISO range is 100-12800, expanded to ISO64 and ISO80 for stills.
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T 24-200 mm F2.8-4.5 high-resolution zoom lens, 8.0x Optical Zoom
- Real-time Tracking uses a sophisticated subject recognition algorithm (AI) that draws on colour, pattern (brightness), distance (depth) and face/eye information to automatically recognise and maintain focus on your subject.
- Real-time Eye AF detects and focuses on the eyes of your subjects, even when part of the face is hidden, the face is backlit or the subject is facing downwards.With up to 60 AF calculations per second, the RX100 VII’s AF enables powerful continuous shooting, and stunning portrait shots through precise focusing on your subject’s eyes – person or animal. For human subjects, activating Real-time Eye AF simply requires a half-press of the shutter button.
- Extra-high frame rate of up to 960fps/1000fps, so even when shooting at 200mm telephoto it’s possible to record impressive close-up super slow-motion footage
- The Anti-distortion electronic shutter achieves speeds as fast as 1/32000 sec., while fast data readout from the image sensor reduces distortion for fast-moving subjects.
- The fast, highly accurate autofocus can achieve a remarkable 0.02-sec.24 acquisition speed, the world’s fastest, to capture fleeting moments with precision.
- A total of 357 focal-plane phase-detection AF points covering approx. 68% of the image area – the most in the world – work in conjunction with 425 contrast-detection AF points and High-density AF Tracking Technology to follow even erratically moving subjects reliably.
- Blackout-free Shooting at up to 20fps,21 complete with AF/AE tracking, so you won’t lose track of a moving subject even at telephoto range. Precise, reliable AF/AE tracking is based on high-speed arithmetic processing at up to 60 times per second during continuous shooting.
- 0.39-type electronic XGA viewfinder(OLED), 2,359,296 dots
- 2.95-inch 180-degree tiltable LCD screen
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, micro HDMI, Microphone jack (3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Built-in flash
- Dimensions: 102mm x 58mm x 43mm; Weight: 302g
- Multi-slot reader for Memory Stick Duo/SD memory card
The Sony RX100 VII is priced at $1,200 (Rs. 82,899 approx.) and will roll out starting from August. The Shooting Grip Kit bundle costs $1300 (Rs. 89,805 approx.) and will be available later this year.