ASUS is all set to introduce the ROG Phone II, the company’s second-generation gaming smartphone in China on July 23rd. It also confirmed 120Hz display and Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC for the smartphone. Now the phone has been certified by TENAA with the model numbers ASUS_I001DA and ASUS_I001DB confirming all the specifications of the phone including a 6.59-inch FHD+ OLED screen, up to 12GB RAM and up to 1TB storage, 48-megapixel rear camera and a 24-megapixel front camera. The image shows a secondary rear camera, but the camera details are not mentioned.
According to the image, it will likely retain the dual front-facing speakers and the side-mounted connector. Since there is no fingerprint sensor on the back, it might feature an in-display fingerprint scanner. The phone will pack a whopping 6000mAh battery, compared to 4000mAh battery in the predecessor, so this weighs 240 grams, compared to 200 grams. It should retain the 30W charging and the glowing on the back.
ASUS ROG Phone II rumored specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz OLED HDR display
- Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB /512GB / 1TB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, secondary camera
- 24MP front-facing camera
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual smart amplifier,Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.99×77.6×9.78mm; Weight: 240 g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 10V 3A fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ROG Phone II is said to come only in Black color. We should know the price when it goes official next Tuesday.