Update: July 11, 2019 — OPPO has confirmed it will launch the K3 smartphone in India on July 19th on Amazon.in.
The OPPO K3 pack a 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED display from Samsung with 91.1% screen-to-body ratio, DC dimming, next-gen in-display fingerprint scanner that is 28.5% faster with 10% success rate in unlocking, is powered by Snapdragon 710 with up to 8GB of RAM, GameBoost 2.0, runs Android Pie with Color OS 6.0 on top, features a 16-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera.
The phone has a 16-megapixel pop-up front camera that lifts in 0.74 seconds. The pop-up mechanism has been tested over 200,000 times, says the company. It has a 3D gradient back with S shaped curve, and packs a 3765mAh battery with support for VOOC 3.0 fast charging.
OPPO K3 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 6P lens, PDAF, CAF, 2MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 161.2×76.0×9.4mm;Weight: 191g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3765mAh (typical) / 3680mAh (Minimum) battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging (5V/4A)
The OPPO K3 comes in Nebula Purple, Green and White colors, and was introduced starting at 1599 yuan (US$ 230 / Rs. 16,105 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version. We should know the price in India when the phone goes official.