Vivo has launched Y12, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Y Series’ in India. It packs a 6.35-inch Halo FullView Display with a 19.3:9 aspect ratio and a screen-to-body ratio of 89%, Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 12nm SoC with up to 4GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with Funtouch OS, Ultra Game Mode, has a 13-megapixel Main Camera, 8-megapixel 120° Super Wide-Angle Camera, and 2-megapixel Depth Camera, and a 16-megapixel front camera.
It has a gradient back, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and has a huge a 5000mAh battery.
Vivo Y12 specifications
- 6.35-inch (1544×720 pixels) HD+19.3:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 64GB storage / 4GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.43 × 76.77 × 8.92mm ; Weight: 190.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, microUSB
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery
The Vivo Y12 comes in Aqua Blue and Burgundy Red colors, is priced at Rs. 11990 for both 3GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 12,490. It is available from Amazon, Vivo online store and offline stores.
[Update: 3GB RAM with 64GB storage version is now available.]