Along with the Mi Band 4, Xiaomi’s MIJIA or Mi Ecosystem brand also introduced several products including the Mi AI Translator yesterday. It comes pre-installed with Oxford and Collins dictionary, as well as three Chinese dictionaries to translate words and learn correct English pronunciation and supports offline translation for Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean and German.
It supports real-time translation between 34 languages covering 224 countries and regions around the world, and there is also a 4G version for the device with SIM support with WiFi hotspot sharing. The device has a 5MP rear camera with 5cm macro to capture closeup shots. It offers English learning resources such as Word association, Word battle, Review tests and Word radio.
Xiaomi Mi AI Translator specifications
- 4-inch 16:9 aspect ratio touch screen
- 2.0GHz 12nm multi-core processor
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage (WiFi) / 3GB RAM with 64GB storage (4G+WiFi)
- 5MP camera with 5cm macro, f/2.2 aperture
- 4G (Optional), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth
- Dual microphones, Loudspeaker
- Dimensions: 112.8 x 64 x 14.4mm; Weight: 134g
- 2200mAh battery with 25 days standby time
The Mi AI Translator comes in Black and White colors, is priced at 499 yuan (US$ 72 / Rs. 5,000 approx.) for the WiFi version and the 4G + WiFi version costs 999 yuan(US$ 144 / Rs. 10,020 approx.). It is available for order in China and goes on sale from June 19th.
Xiaomi also introduced new Mi Smart Door Lock, Mi Smart Combo Wash Dryer Pro 10kg, Mi Smart Kitchen Exhaust Hood and Stove Top Set, Mi Induction Cooker Set, new Mi Rollerball Pen with a translucent design, Mi Ninebot Dynamic and Mi Luggage 20″ Limited Brown Edition at the event.