HMD Global just launched the Nokia 2.2, the company’s latest budget Android One smartphone and the successor of last year’s Nokia 2.1 in India, as expected. It packs a 5.71-inch HD+ screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 12nm SoC with up to 3GB RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with 2 years of Android and 3 years of security updates, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with AI low-light feature, HDR and an 5-megapixel camera on the front with support for Face Unlock, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
The phone also comes with a dedicated Google Assistant Button, has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 3000mAh removable battery. The company will also sell changeable Nokia Xpress-on covers in Pink Sand, Ice Blue and Forest Green colors.
— FoneArena Mobile (@FoneArena) June 6, 2019
Nokia 2.2 specifications
- 5.71-inch (720 x 1520 pixels) HD+ TFT LCD 19:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 145.96 x 70.56 x 9.3 mm; Weight: 153g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
The Nokia 2.2 comes in Steel and Tungsten Black colors, is priced at Rs. 6999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 7999. This is limited-period pricing till June 30th, 2019, after which it will increase, says the company. It will be available for pre-order from Nokia.com/Phones and will go on sale from 11th June through Nokia.com.phones, Flipkart and offline retailers.