After the confirmation last year, Apple at the WWDC 2019 introduced its redesigned Mac Pro that promises maximum performance, expansion and configurability. It features workstation-class Xeon processors up to 28 cores, a high-performance memory system with a massive 1.5TB capacity, eight PCIe expansion slots and world’s most powerful graphics architecture that lets you add two MPX Modules.
It features Thunderbolt integration and over 500W of power, both firsts for any graphics card. The new Mac Pro has a state-of-the-art thermal architecture to allow the processor to run fully unconstrained all the time, says the company.
The Apple Pro Display XDR features a 32-inch Retina 6K display with P3 wide and 10-bit color, up to 1,600 nits brightness, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio and a superwide viewing angle.
Apple has also introduced Apple Afterburner, new accelerator card featuring a programmable ASIC capable of decoding up to 6.3 billion pixels per second and enables playback of three streams of 8K ProRes RAW video simultaneously and 12 streams of 4K ProRes RAW video in real time.
Apple Mac Pro 2019 features and specifications
- Stainless-steel space frame with an aluminum housing that lifts off for 360-degree access to the entire system
- Housing with lattice pattern to maximize airflow and quiet operation
- Up to 28-Core (56 threads) 2.5GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz) Intel Xeon W processor with 66.5MB cache, up to 2TB 2933MHz memory
- Up to 1.5TB of DDR4 ECC memory in 12 user-accessible DIMM slots (Requires 24-core or 28-core processor)
- AMD Radeon Pro 580X / AMD Radeon Pro Vega II / Two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, each with 64 compute units and 4096 stream processors
- Two MPX Modules or up to four PCI Express card slots, Three full-length PCI Express gen 3 slots, One half-length x4 PCI Express gen 3 slot with Apple I/O card installed
- Configure up to 4TB of SSD storage encrypted by the Apple T2 Security Chip,Up to 2.6GB/s sequential read and 2.7GB/s sequential write performance
- Two USB 3 ports, Support for USB-A (up to 5Gb/s), Two Thunderbolt 3 portswith Support for Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s), USB-C (up to 10Gb/s) and DisplayPort, Two 10Gb Ethernet ports:
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports on the top of the tower enclosure with support for Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s), USB-C (up to 10Gb/s) and DisplayPort
- Built-in speaker and 3.5 mm headphone jack with headset support
- Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Magic Mouse 2 and Optional Magic Trackpad 2
- WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0
- Dimensions: 20.8 x 17.7x 8.58 inches; Weight: 18kg
Apple Pro Display XDR features and specifications
- 32-inch (6016 x 3384 pixels) 218 PPI 16:9 IPS LCD screen with oxide TFT technology, 1000 nits sustained (full screen), 1600 nits peak brightness, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, P3 wide color gamut, 10-bit depth for 1.073 billion colors
- Screen stretches edge to edge with just a 9 mm border
- 2D backlighting system using 576 full array local dimming zones
- Superwide viewing angle uses industry-leading polarizer technology that maintains exceptional color and contrast when viewing from different angles
- Nano-texture on Pro Display XDR is etched into the glass at the nanometer level that offers beautiful image quality that maintains contrast while scattering light to reduce glare to the barest minimum.
- Optional Pro Stand provides both tilt and height adjustment, and also allows Pro Display XDR to rotate into portrait mode
- Dimensions: 28.3×16.2×1.1 inches; Weight: 7.48kg
- One Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port (One upstream port for Mac Pro or other Thunderbolt 3 host (96W host charging)), , 3x USB-C (USB 2) ports for charging or syncing
Pricing and availability
The New Mac Pro starts at $5,999 (Rs. 4,15,490 approx.) and will be available to order in the fall. The Pro Display XDR starts at $4,999 (Rs. 3,46,220 approx.), the Pro Stand costs $999 and the VESA Mount Adapter costs $199. All will be available to order in the fall.