OPPO has announced Reno Z, the company’s new addition to the Reno series. It has a 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED water-drop notch display, unlike the no-notch screen in the other Reno models. It is also the first smartphone to be powered by MediaTek’s latest Helio P90 12nm SoC. The phone has up to 8GB of RAM, retains the 48-megapixel primary rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor and a 5-megapixel secondary camera, but this comes with a 32-megapixel front camera.
It has an in-display fingerprint scanner and packs a 4035mAh battery respectively with VOOC 3.0 fast charging.
OPPO Reno Z specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 AMOLED HDR display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P90 12nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A75 CPUs) with IMG PowerVR GM 9446 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, CAF, 5MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4035mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
The OPPO Reno Z comes in Purple, Jet Black, White and new Coral Orange colors, is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 261 / Rs. 25,270 approx.) for 6GB RAM with 256GB or 8GB RAM with 128GB storage versions. It is available for order now and goes on sale in China from June 6th.
OPPO also introduced new Coral Orange and Inspirational or Creative Edition of the Reno smartphone with 6GB RAM and 256GB storage at 3299 (US$ 477 / Rs. 33,360 approx.).