Meizu just announced 16Xs, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China as it had promised. It has a 6.2-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with ultra narrow bezel and 90.29% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 675 with up to 6GB of RAM, runs Flyme OS 7 based Android Pie with One Mind 3.0 AI, has a 48-megapixel rear camera with Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor, night mode along with an 8-megapixel 118.8° ultra-wide and a 5-megapixel camera.
It also has a 16-megapixel camera on the front with AI beauty features and 0.2-second fast face unlock. The phone has a plexiglass back, an in-display fingerprint scanner that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 18w mCharge fast charging.
The company has introduced a new EP2C Type-C headset with built-in DAC for the 16s.
Meizu 16Xs specifications
- 6.2-inch (1080 × 2232 pixels) Full HD+ 18.6:9 Super AMOLED On-Cell display with 430nit brightness
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Flyme OS 7
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, f/1.7 aperture with PDAF, ring LED flash, 8MP 118.8° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP camera with f/1.9 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 152×74.4×8.35mm; Weight: 165g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18w fast charging
The Meizu 16Xs comes in Midnight Black, Blue, Coral Orange and Silk White colors, is priced at 1698 yuan (US$ 245 / Rs. 17,150 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1998 yuan (US$ 289 / Rs. 20,180 approx.). It will be available for order today and goes on sale from June 10th in China. The EP2C Type-C headset is priced at 129 yuan (US$ 18 / Rs. 1,300 approx.), but it can be purchased with Meizu 16s for a special price of 99 yuan (US$ 14 / Rs. 999 approx.).