Update: May 23, 2019 — Meizu has confirmed that the Meizu 16Xs smartphone will be announced on May 30th at an event in Beijing, China. The invite says ‘165g of Balance’ hinting at the weight of the smartphone.
Update: May 18, 2019 — Detailed specifications of the smartphone has been revealed. This reveals a 2GHz SoC, which will likely be Snapdragon 675.
Meizu 16Xs rumored specifications
- 6.2-inch (1080 × 2232 pixels) Full HD+ 18.6:9 Super AMOLED display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Flyme OS
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size with LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 152×74.4×8.35mm; Weight: 162g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
Meizu introduced 16s smartphone last month, now M926Q, a new smartphone has been certified by TENAA in China. This is expected to be 16 Xs, an enhanced version of the 16X that was introduced last year. It doesn’t have a notch, similar to the 16X and the 16s, and the front camera is present on the top bezel. It is expected to come with Full HD+ AMOLED display with an in-display fingerprint sensor.
The image also shows triple rear cameras, and the phone is said to feature 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, OIS, telephoto lens and another camera to capture depth information in portrait shots.