Huawei launched the Y9 smartphone in January 2019 and the smartphone features dual front cameras and dual rear cameras. Today, the company has silently announced the Y9 Prime 2019 smartphone and has a lot of resemblance to the recently-launched Huawei P Smart Z smartphone.
The Huawei Y9 2019 flaunts a 6.59 inch FULL HD+ TFT LCD screen, is powered by an octa-core Kirin 710 12nm processor and comes in 4GB RAM + 64GB/128GB internal storage options. With regards to the optics, the Y9 Prime 2019 sports a triple rear camera setup and dual front camera setup. The rear camera is a combination of a 16-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel secondary ultra-wide sensor and, a third 2-megapixel depth sensor. The front camera is a 16MP fixed focus pop-up camera.
On the software front, it runs EMUI 9 on top of Android 9 Pie, has a USB Type-C port and is backed up by a 4000 mAh(typical) battery.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB/128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9(Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 16-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel secondary ultra-wide sensor and, a third 2-megapixel depth sensor
- 16MP pop-up front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.5×77.3×8.8mm; Weight: 196.8g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 comes in Midnight Black, Emerald Green, and Sapphire Blue colors and is available for pre-order in the Middle East for 969 Saudi Riyal (US$ 260 / Rs. 18,170 approx.) for the 128GB version, with shipping date of May 23rd.