HMD Global has launched Nokia 4.2, the company’s latest Android One smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 5.71-inch HD+ waterdrop notch display, is powered by Snapdragon 439 with 3GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie), has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone comes with a glass back, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, notification light on the power button, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, dedicated Google Assistant button and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Nokia 4.2 specifications
- 5.71-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 a-Si FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- Dimensions: 148.95 x 71.30 x 8.39mm; Weight: 161g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB
- 3000mAh built-in battery
The Nokia 4.2 comes in Black and Pink Sand colors, is priced at Rs. 10,990 and will be available exclusively on Nokia.com/phones for a 7-day period starting today, May 7th and exclusively across select retail outlets and partners like Croma, Reliance, Sangeetha, Poorvika, Big C and MyG starting May 14th. It will be available pan-India across top mobile retail outlets starting 21st May.
- Instant Rs. 500 off on Nokia 4.2 till 10 June 2019 by using promo code “LAUNCHOFFER” when purchasing Nokia 4.2 on nokia.com/phones
- Free six-month screen replacement worth Rs. 3,500 covered under Nokia phone screen protection insurance by Servify
- 10% cashback when the phone is purchased using HDFC Bank Credit and Debit cards on EMI and regular transactions done through Pinelabs terminals in offline stores till 10th June ‘19
- Vodafone and Idea subscribers get Rs. 2,500 instant cashback (50 vouchers of INR 50 each). These vouchers can be redeemed on recharge of Rs. 199 and above.
Commenting on the launch, Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head – India, HMD Global, said:
Owning an affordable smartphone shouldn’t lock you out of exciting features and the latest trends. I’m excited to announce the arrival of first in the series Nokia 4.2 smartphone to India for our fans. From AI-powered features like Adaptive Battery, to a more modern and personal way to interact with your smartphone through the dedicated Google Assistant button; from biometric face unlock, to the latest innovations from Android 9 Pie along with promised next 2-lettered Android updates; the Nokia 4.2 continues to uphold the promise we make across our smartphones – that they will just get better – while bringing the best experiences in your hands.