HMD Global is all set to launch the Nokia 4.2 Android One smartphone in India next week, according to the official teaser. It shows a LED notification light embedded into the power button, and says 4 days before you can #DoItAll for a phone that’s got all, so it launches on May 7th. It also has a dedicated Google Assistant Button.
All your answers are a tap away. 4 days before you can #DoItAll
Stay tuned! pic.twitter.com/r4Jwsxj744
— Nokia Mobile India (@NokiamobileIN) May 3, 2019
Nokia 4.2 specifications
- 5.71-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 a-Si FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- Dimensions: 148.95 x 71.30 x 8.39mm; Weight: 161g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB
- 3000mAh built-in battery
It is not clear if the company is planning to launch both the variants of the phone, and also the Nokia 3.2 alongside, but we can expect them to be priced competitively for the Indian market.
Check out our Nokia 4.2 hands-on and photo gallery from MWC here.