Qualcomm just announced new Snapdragon 730 and 730G 8nm and
665 11nm Mobile Platforms. The Snapdragon 730 brings technologies that were previously exclusive to 8 series devices that includes 4th generation
multi-core Qualcomm AI Engine for 2x faster AI on-device processing compared to Snapdragon 710, Qualcomm Spectra 350 with dedicated Computer Vision (CV) ISP for up to 4x overall power savings in Computer Vision compared to the previous generation and 4K HDR videos in Portrait Mode (Bokeh).
It has Kryo 470 CPU, Adreno 618 GPU integrates Vulkan 1.1 and Snapdragon X15 LTE modem and is Wi-Fi 6-ready.
The Gaming-centric 730G has Snapdragon Elite Gaming features, which include an arsenal of hardware and software optimizations that give mobile gamers a competitive edge.
Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform has Snapdragon elite gaming features, including:
- Up to 15% faster graphics rendering over the Snapdragon 730 and up to 25% faster graphics rendering over the Snapdragon 710, featuring an overclocked Adreno 618 GPU
- Qualcomm Technologies’ in-house game studio has collaborated with popular game-makers to optimize Snapdragon 730G for a selection of the world’s top-rated games.
- True HDR gaming for extreme realism with rich graphics and cinema-quality processing with over 1 billion shades of color.
- Jank Reducer feature reduces janks by up to 90% in games running at 30fps
- Anti-Cheating Extensions help keep gamers on the same level playing field.
- Wi-Fi latency manager optimizes network settings and Wi-Fi configurations to support efficient online gaming and provide smooth, fast gameplay.
- Improvements in the camera pipeline, adding support for Cinemagraph, low power voice activation and HD super slow-mo at 960fps.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 Mobile Platform specifications
- Octa-Core – Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 470 (performance A76-based) + Hexa 1.8GHz Kryo 470 (efficiency A55-based) CPUs
- 8nm process technology
- Up to 8GB memory, 2×16 LPDDR4x 1866MHz, eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, SD 3.0, USB 3.1
- Qualcomm Adreno 618 GPU
- OpenCL 2.0 Full, DirectX 12, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1 API support
- Qualcomm Spectra 350 ISP – Up to 192 MP / up to 48 MP with MFNR / up to 36 MP, MFNR, ZSL, 30 fps single camera, up to 22MP dual camera, Dual 14-bit ISPs, Zero Shutter Lag, Hybrid Autofocus, Ultra HD 4K video capture at 30fps, Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture, Up to 10-bit color depth video capture, Multi-Frame Noise Reduction (MFNR), Video Capture Formats: HDR10, HLG, 4K HDR Video Capture with Portrait Mode, (Bokeh, 4K at 30 fps), Hybrid Autofocus with support for dual phase detection (2PD) sensors, Real-time object classification, segmentation and replacement
- Supports up to FHD+ (2520 x 1080) displays with HDR10
- Qualcomm Hexagon 688 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology, Neural Processing SDK
- Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec (up to WCD9341) and speaker amplifier
(up to WSA8815), Native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit, Supports two wake words simultaneously, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive audio
technology, Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus technology
- Up to 4K HDR10 PQ and HLG Video Playback (10 bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut), Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC) VP8 and VP9 playback
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X15 LTE modem with up to 800 Mbps DL and 150 Mbps UL, LAA and 4×4 MIMO
- Multi SIM: LTE Dual SIM, VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS)
- Wi-Fi 6-ready, 802.11ax-ready, 802.11ac Wave 2, 2×2 (2-stream) MU-MIMO, Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) + 60 GHz GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, GALILEO, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5.0
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform supports the 3rd generation Qualcomm AI Engine, features Hexagon 686 DSP, with the addition of HVX, to enable advanced AI mobile experiences, offers up to 2x faster AI on-device processing compared to Snapdragon 660, Spectra 165 ISP brings intuitive scene recognition and auto adjustments like HDR, advanced camera features including Hybrid Autofocus, Optical Zoom and more. It has Kryo 260 CPU, Adreno 610 GPU and X12 LTE Modem.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Mobile Platform specifications
- Octa-Core – Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 (performance A73-based) + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 (efficiency A53-based) CPUs
- 11nm FinFET process technology
- Up to 8GB Up to 1866 MHz LPDDR3/LPDDR4x memory, eMMC, UFS, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C & USB 2.0
- Qualcomm Adreno 610 GPU
- Qualcomm Spectra 165 ISP – up to 48 MP / up to 25 MP, MFNR,
ZSL, 30 fps single camera, up to 16 MP, MFNR, ZSL, 30 fps dual camera, Qualcomm Clear Sight camera features, Hybrid Autofocus, Optical Zoom, Zero Shutter Lag
- Supports up to FHD+ (2520×1080) displays, Up to FHD (1920 x 1080) external display support
- Snapdragon X12 LTE Modem with Cat 12/13 speeds of up to 600 Mbps down/150 Mbps up via 3x20MHz downlink, 2X20MHz uplink
- Qualcomm Hexagon 686 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology, Qualcomm Neural Processing SDK, Caffe, Caffe2, and Tensorflow support
- Up to 4K Ultra HD playback @ 30 FPS, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @ 120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9
- Dual-band 802.11ac (Wi-Fi 5) MU-MIMO, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
Commercial devices based on Snapdragon 730, 730G and 665 are expected to be available in mid-2019.