Update: March 29, 2019: Detailed specifications of the standard edition of OPPO Reno with model numbers PCAM00 and PCAT00 have been certified by TENAA revealing detailed specifications. This shows a compact body even though it has a large 6.4-inch screen.
OPPO Reno Standard Edition rumored specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, 5MP secondary camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.6×74.3×9.0mm; Weight:185g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3680mAh battery with fast charging
Earlier: OPPO already announced that it will introduce its Reno series on April 10. Now, renders of the smartphone has surfaced showing its unique pop-up front camera that rises on one side. It also reveals LED flash. There are only two cameras on the back, so the top-end version should include triple rear cameras with 10x lossless zoom that was showcased at the MWC last month.
Brian Shen, OPPO VP confirmed that the standard version of the phone will use heat-conducting gel and graphite sheet to dissipate heat, powered by Snapdragon 710 SoC, come with CAF and PDAF camera features and the 10x loss-less zoom version will use copper tube and liquid cooling, powered by Snapdragon 855 and features an additional laser focus. Both the versions will use Sony IMX586 48MP main rear camera. OPPO is also expected to introduce a 5G version and other version with 12GB of RAM.
The case render also shows a 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C Port and the speaker grill on the bottom. It is not clear if the standard edition will use a side-mounted fingerprint scanner or an in-display fingerprint sensor.
We should know more details about the smartphone in the coming weeks.