Update — March 27,2019: Detailed specifications of the smartphone has surfaced revealing almost similar specifications as the Galaxy J2 Core. Check it out below.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core rumored specifications
- 5-inch (540 x 960 pixels) qHD TFT display
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7870 processor with Mali T830 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- Dual SIM
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- Front-facing camera
- Dimensions:141.6 x 71 x 9.1mm; Weight: 142g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- 2600mAh battery
Earlier: Samsung launched its Galaxy A10 smartphone starting from India last month. Now the press shot of Galaxy A2 Core (SM-A260), a new budget smartphone has surfaced, thanks to @evleaks. This shows a phone with a standard 16:9 screen, single rear camera with LED flash, loudspeaker grill below the camera, front camera and Samsung logo both on the front and the back.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core (SM-A260) pic.twitter.com/NCw0u32zGc
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) March 15, 2019
This will likely be the company’s upcoming Android Go Edition phone, which should be the successor of Galaxy J2 Core (SM-J260) that was introduced last year. Geekbench listing revealed Exynos 7870 SoC, 1GB RAM and Android 8.1 (Oreo) for the phone. We don’t know any other specifications of the phone.
Since the image shows March 22 date, it could be announced as early as next week.