Samsung also announced Galaxy S10 5G, the company’s first 5G smartphone along with the S10, S10+ and S10e. It is powered by Snapdragon 855 combined with the Snapdragon X50 modem for muti-gigabit 5G connectivity for both Sub-6 GHz and mmWave frequency bands. It has a large 6.7-inch Curved Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display, quad rear cameras with a primary 12-megapixel Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture primary sensor, 16-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view, 12-megapixel Telephoto lens and Samsung’s 3D Depth Camera for 3D-image capturing to power Video Live focus and Quick Measure
It has a 10-megapixel Dual Pixel front-facing camera along with a 3D Depth camera and packs a huge 4500mAh battery with 25W Super Fast Charging. It also has wireless Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phones.
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G specifications
- 6.7-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 505ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 2.1)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom, 3D Depth sensor
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, 3D Depth sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimensions: 77.1 x 162.6 x 7.94mm; Weight: 198g
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,500mAh battery with 25W Super fast Charging on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) fast charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G doesn’t have pricing yet, but it will be available available through Verizon Wireless exclusively for a limited time in the first half of 2019 and will go on sale through AT&T, Spectrum Mobile, Sprint, T-Mobile and Xfinity Mobile later in summer.
Samsung has also partnered with mobile network operators in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK for that will see the rollout of Galaxy S10 5G across Europe this summer. Operators include Deutsche Telekom, EE (UK), Orange (France), Sunrise (Switzerland), Swisscom (Switzerland), TIM (Italy), Vodafone and Telefonica (Spain).