Last week Meizu inroduced Zero as the first smartphone without any ports or buttons. Today the company has started crowdfunding for the smartphone on Indiegogo at $1299 (Rs. 92,220 approx.). The crowdfunding will continue till March 1st, 2019. The company says that it will start small batch of production in April and start shipping limited number of units from April. It is not clear how the it will work in several counries since eSIM needs regulatory approval.
It has a ceramic 3D design, Pressure sensitive power and volume buttons with mEngine 2.0 linear haptic engine, Meizu’s Super mCharge, 3-level buck and charge pump technology for 18W wirless fast charging since it doesn’t have a USB Type-C port, while the built-in wireless chip with a specification of 60GHz, dedicated charging base and USB technology promsies the same bandwidth rates of USB 3.0 for data transfer.
It has a waterproof body with IP68 ratings and uses mSound 2.0 screen sound technology that uses the phone’s screen as a speaker and the earpiece. It uses eSIM, so it gets rid of the SIM slot as well.
Meizu Zero specifications
- 5.99-inch ( 1080 × 2160 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- Android-based Flyme 7
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 4-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus, secondary 20MP telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 6-LED ring LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, AI face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP68)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 18W wireless super fast charging