Realme has launched the C1 2019, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India, after teasing it last week. It has a 6.2-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch, 2.05mm ultra narrow bezel, and 88.8% screen-to-body ratio. The company says that the screen bezel is further narrowed by 16%, the phone to achieve this high screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by Snapdragon 450 with up to 2GB of RAM, runs ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo), has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It doesn’t come with a fingerprint sensor, but it has face unlock. It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, supports Dual 4G VoLTE and packs a huge 4230mAh battery.
Realme C1 (2019) specifications
- 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 156.2×75.6×8.2mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 4230mAh (typical) built-in battery
The Realme C1 (2019) comes in Ocean Blue and Deep Black colors, is priced at Rs. 7499 for the 2GB RAM version and the 3GB RAM version costs Rs. 8499. It will go on sale exclusively on Flipkart on February 5th at 12:00 noon. Looks like 32GB storage compared to the 16GB storage is the only change compared to last year’s version.
Commenting on the launch, Chief Executive Officer, Realme India, said:
Starting this year, Realme will be focusing more on investing in the budget phone segment expanding our reach to massive customers. Launching Realme C1 (2019) with 2+32 GB and 3+32 GB is a step towards our investment in the budget segment. As a youth-centric brand, listening and understanding the voice of the customers is our duty, the budget segment needed a phone that gave every Indian access to a power packed device hence we are offering Realme C1(2019) to the customers at an affordable price. We have listened to our customer’s demand on the storage capacity and offered Realme C1 (2019) with Mega Battery, Mega Notch Display and Mega Storage, Entertainment ka Boss.